Monday, December 10, 2012

Smile and Wave

I know it has been forever since I've posted. Life has it's up's and down's and not everything needs to be written. In other words, I needed to keep myself quiet for a while. A lot of, really, nothing has been going on until this past week. The job search has ended. (thank you Lord.) But, there's still a waiting period. It's gonna be a while until we see ourselves moving forward financially. I keep telling myself what I told Hubby, "We're getting closer." Closer to our own place, closer to Ashdon's own room, closer to our own kitchen, closer to US. 

This past Saturday the town of Palmer celebrated "Colony Days". I honestly don't remember what it was for but they had stuff going on all over town all weekend. Everything from craft shows, reindeer, and ice sculptors. Santa even came down from the North Pole. (Not THAT far from here) They ended the celebration with a parade through the town. Which brings our adventure. My father-in-law scored us a beautiful fire truck to ride in through the parade. So we went to the station, they washed the truck and in we piled. 








Handsome LOVED the truck. He mainly loved all of the flashing lights. He would see the other trucks and start jumping up and down at their lights. He got a window seat on his Tia's lap and looked out the window at all the kids waving at the fire truck. Along with the parade to end the night, God decided to add His spin. Everyone here can't understand how there has not been snow. Normally, or so they say, by Halloween there is permanent snow on the ground and it will last all season. Well, it hasn't been that way and I can't say I'm complaining. Although it would be nice to have something cover all the deadness in the trees, we don't have the money for snow tires yet. But, as we were waiting for the parade to start, God blew through the clouds and there it came. A beautiful mist as the parade went on. It warmed my heart to know all of these kids that were sitting out in the cold with their big coats were not only getting to see the trucks and Santa, but also the snow fall. It was a beautiful sight.
Handsome has grown very fond of lights. Mainly ceiling light fixtures. He'll point up and say "what's that?" or EVERY time we get in a car and the lights go on "What's That?" Of course he knows its a light but still, he wants our reaction. He absolutely LOVES music. It makes me so happy! He here's any music and he gets a huge grin and begins dancing. He's hilarious!



...The Best Is Yet To Come

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think...